Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Una barzelletta

Starting two new categories: In Italian (posts in Italian, meant primarily for Italians or for foreigners practicing their Italian) and Humor, games, trivia. The following joke starts off both series. I read it in the Settimana Enigmistica a few years ago.

Una coppia e' felicemente sposata da dieci anni. Un giorno pero' la moglie dice al marito: "caro, ho un piccolo segreto che non ti ho mai detto. Sono daltonica". Il marito risponde: "ma figurati cara, non e' niente. Veramente anch'io ti ho nascosto qualcosina. Sono senegalese".

English version:

A couple has been happily married for ten years. But one day the wife tells the husband: "dear, I've kept a little secret from you. I have a visual impairment- I'm color-blind." The husband answers: "that's nothing, darling. To tell you the truth, I've got a little secret, too. I'm from Senegal."

(In the photo, English scientist John Dalton, a pioneer in researching color-blindness-looks vaguely like John Lennon)