Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Trader Joe's artichoke ravioli- review

These are large, flat rectangles, closer to ravioloni (big ravioli) than regular ravioli (by the way, never say "raviolis," the word is already plural.) They're filled with an artichoke/cheese/olive mixture.

Let's cut to the chase. They were good, but not great. Not a big fat artichoke taste, which is something of a disappointment, as artichokes are my favorite veggie. The price was good, as is so often the case at Trader Joe's. I don't know where the receipt is so I can't tell you exactly how much. I think you would need a package per person if serving as a main course.

I prepared mine with butter and real parmigiano. I would avoid a richer sauce or a tomato sauce as they would overpower the flavor of the stuffing.

The package also gives intructions to stir often. Better to cover instead after they have reached a gentle boil so as not to risk breaking the shell. Drain well.

Worth a try.