Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sergio Endrigo- Io che amo solo te



Sergio Endrigo was a first-rate singer and songwriter, known for his melancholy ballads. His voice was perfectly suited to his songs. Like so many things, we are just realizing how good he really was now that he's no longer with us. My translation follows lyrics.

C’è gente che ha avuto mille cose
Tutto il bene, tutto il male del mondo
Io ho avuto solo te
E non ti perderò, non ti lascerò
Per cercare nuove avventure
C’è gente che ama mille cose
E si perde per le strade del mondo
Io che amo solo te
Io mi fermerò e ti regalerò
Quel che resta della mia gioventù
...
Io ho avuto solo te
E non ti perderò, non ti lascerò
Per cercare nuove illusioni.

C’è gente che ama mille cose ...

There are people who have had a thousand things
All the good, all the evil in the world
I have only had you
And I won't lose you, I won't leave you
To look for new adventures
There are people who love a thousand things
and they get lost along the roads of the world
I who only love you
I will stop and I will freely give you
What is left of my youth.
...
I have only had you
and I won't lose you, I won't leave you
to look for new illusions.

There are people who love a thousand things...